Thursday, January 2, 2014

Healthy Eating 1 // Chicken Caprese

Yes its true I am one of those people 
the ones that always strive to have the 
"lose weight, get healthy" New Years Resolution 
&& I do plan on sticking to this....finally the 3rd year in 
a row.... don't judge me I have a thing for anything frosted. 
its just so damn delicious! &&A thing for 
Martinis which also doesn't help, considering 
both things make my ass grow. 

So to help me on my wonderful Resolution 
I need to find easy quick and not to difficult reciepes to follow. 
Like this one that I found from // Gimme some Oven // <-- love the name 
so clever! It makes me giggle. when I say it :) Its the little things in life people.


{Chicken Caprese}


Ingredients:

  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to uniform thickness
  • 1/2 cup good-quality balsamic vinegar
  • 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 cup fresh mozzarella, torn into small pieces
  • 1 cup lightly-packed fresh basil, torn

Method:

To Make The Chicken:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. (You will know that it is ready when the oil is shimmering, or it sizzles when you place a drop of water in the oil.) Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is fully cooked and the juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside. 

To Make The Balsamic Reduction:
Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes until reduced by half. Remove and set aside. 

To Assemble The Dish:
Plate the chicken, then top with sliced tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction. Serve warm.


 


1 comment:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs